Children’s Book Review
The New Year is approaching and many will make New Year resolutions.
Before we get started on that lets take a moment to be Thankful to all:
We achieved this year big or small,
Accomplished this year big or small
What Buddee is Thankful for == Thankfulness
· Buddee is - Thankful for things we sometimes take for granted:
· Garments for all seasons
· Food nourishment to strengthen, good health, mind – body- soul
· · Thankful for: those that assist, help, and guide in my daily, weekly even monthly tasks and venues.
· The little miracles
Thankful for choices, opinions, free thought - all the things that America allows!
1. What are you thankful for?
2. List 5 things you are thankful for?
3. List 5 things you would like to improve upon?
4. List 3 things in the world or school that you would change or prefer to see some changes?
A. List 2 positive things about you?
B. List 1 negative or not so good character traits that you desire to improve upon?
May the New Year be a wonderful year for you!
Fun Facts - about New Year’s Day!
1. In the United States on New Year’s Eve, people eat certain foods for good luck.
2. Foods such as: black eye peas, cabbage, and ham.
3. In some cultures, - Round foods, like doughnuts, are considered good luck as well.
4. In Canada – ‘The Polar Bear Plunge’ in honor of the day many people take the plunge into ice cold water.
5. In Times Square where the ‘ball’ drops, the weight of it is 1000 pounds and is made from Waterford Crystal.
6. It lights up from having over 9,000 LED lights.
7. And the song “Old long ago” or Auld Lang Syne, a poem written by Robert Burns, in 1788 has been the traditional song sung when the New Year begins – at midnight.
Stay Safe, Ask questions, help others,
Buddee’s moto: Learn and Grow
HAPPY NEW YEAR